Fall 2016 Academic Program Assessment (APA) Reporting Deadline:
Monday, October 17, 2016. Reports must be submitted through WEAVE.
Academic program assessment is an annual process focused on improving student learning within academic programs. Each year, the process should involve
- Direct measurement of student proficiency in one or more program-level learning outcomes
- Broad engagement of program faculty in analysis and discussion of assessment findings
- Planning and implementing change in response findings and analysis
- Reassessment of learning following changes made in prior years’ assessments
Annual reports on academic program assessment of student learning provide evidence to the college, the institution, external accreditors, and our multiple and varied constituents that faculty and administrators are invested in providing optimal learning experiences for our students. Documentation about how assessment practices and reflection on student learning guide curricular, instructional and administrative decision-making demonstrates intentionality and accountability to all audiences. All NMSU departments are expected to be engaged in ongoing outcomes assessment for the purposes of improved student learning.
For additional information on assessment terminology and APA reporting expectations, see the following documents:
- Glossary of NMSU Assessment Terminology as used in WEAVE
- 2015-2016 APA Feedback Rubric (Includes a description of “closing the loop” ratings)
- Assessment FAQs
Who should report?
All academic departments are required to submit annual APA reports through WEAVE. Departments with both graduate and undergraduate programs are required to submit independent reports to account for assessment of learning at the graduate level and at the undergraduate level. All reports must be submitted using WEAVE online reporting software.
Fall 2016 reports include assessment of learning that took place during the 2015-16 academic year. Internal college deadlines (prior to October 17th) are determined by the Dean of each college. The following is a suggested annual schedule:
For further assistance, contact Dr. David Smith at 646-7621 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary Reports of Academic Program Assessment
- APA Summary Report 2014-15
- APA Summary Report 2013-14
- APA Summary Report 2012-13
- APA Summary Report 2010-11
- APA Summary Report 2009-10
- APA Summary Report 2008-09
- APA Summary Report 2007-08