Assessment Liaisons (AL) are faculty members and/or department heads whose primary role is to facilitate ongoing communication between their department, the Office of Assessment, and institutional assessment committees about activities and issues related to outcomes assessment. ALs are critical to cultivating knowledge and participation in institutional and departmental assessment activities to impact student learning.
Current initiatives ALs will be informed and increasingly conversant about include
- NMSU’s Quality Initiative to improve student writing in the discipline
- NMSU’s GE Assessment of Student Learning
- Academic Program Assessment for Student Learning
- Implementation of WEAVEonline Assessment Reporting Software
Specifically, ALs will receive, via email, information and updates about the above initiatives to share with faculty and students in their departments. ALs are encouraged to provide collective feedback, responses and/or questions from their department as needed or desired.
Specific activities ALs are expected to participate in include:
- Fall 2015 Open Forum: Report on Assessment of STEM Learning in General Education
- Spring 2016 Scoring Session for GE Learning Assessment
*If the AL is unable to attend either of these sessions, they should identify a proxy from their department to attend.
- Spring Scoring Session for GE Learning Assessment – April 28th
- Spring Scoring Session for GE Learning Assessment – April 1st
- Open Forum: Report on Assessment of STEM Learning in General Education – September 12th
- NMSU’s First Conference on Assessment – March 12 – 13th 2015
- Spring Scoring Session for GE Learning Assessment – April 10th